2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
– User name
– Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
– Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
– Email address
– Profile picture
– Social media account ID
– Country of residence
2.2. How We May Collect Personal Information
2.2.1. We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
– Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Information through the Sites, e.g. when you sign up for a newsletter, complete contact forms on the site or complete a form to enable the download of assets from the Sites.
– Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact customer service or contact us be any means not directly via the Sites.
– Online tracking: Because we do not track our Site users over time and across third- party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals. From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
2.2.2. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Personal Information you provide through the Sites may be combined with Personal Information and Other Information that you provide to us (via online or offline means), that is publicly available, or that we may otherwise obtain online or offline, including, for example, from providers of demographic and other information, social media platforms and other third parties.
2.3. How We May Use Personal Information
2.3.1. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information as follows:
– to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
– to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
– to provide you with updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs.
– to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while.
– to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and from our promotional and strategic partners.
– to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
– to process rewards, prizes, and donations, as / when applicable.
– to allow you to participate in polls, draws, instant win promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules / mechanics / terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so it is important that you read the additional rules carefully.
– to allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the Sites, as permitted by the applicable Site.
– to permit you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to exercise due care and caution
when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites. Please see the “Choices and Access” section below, to learn how you may request removal of your posts.
– to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds.
– for our business purposes, such as analysing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues or addressing enquiries/ support).
as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
2.4. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
2.4.1. To the extent permitted by applicable law, your Personal Information may be disclosed:
– to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services.
– to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Sites.
– by you, if you participate in a live social media feed (which you may do, for example, by referencing us in your social media post, by making use of related / applicable hashtags or “liking” us on a social media
platform). If you do participate, your public username and profile photo may be displayed on the Sites along with your post.
– to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
– as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
– by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be exercise due care and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
3. OTHER INFORMATION
3.1. Other Information We May Collect “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
– Browser and device information
– Server log file information
– Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
– App usage data
– Demographic information and other information provided by you
– Location information
– Aggregated information
3.1.1. We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose provided for in this policy, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We May Collect Other Information” section below, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
3.2. How We May Collect Other Information
3.2.1. We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
– Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, service provider, and the name and version of the Sites
(such as the App) you are using. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure
that the Sites function properly.
– Through server log files: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites. Please note that we treat
IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Kings Group cookies policy http://www.Tradekings.co.zm/cookie-policy.
– Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Sites pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other purposes, track the actions of Sites users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Sites usage and response rates.
– Through your use of an App. Where applicable, when you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information / files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
– From you: Information, such as date of birth, gender, personal characteristics, hobbies and interests, consumption habits, zip code and your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
– Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalised location-based services and content, including advertising. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content, including advertising and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but
if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
– By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may use your Personal Information as part of a larger group of data or users Personal Information to calculate the percentages of our users share particular characteristics or variables i.e. area).
3.2.2. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined
4. THIRD PARTY SITES
4.4. We are also not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, (Research In Motion) RIM or any other application developers, application providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device / hardware manufacturers, including in connection with any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
6. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING-RELATED VENDORS
6.1. Please note that our online and email advertising related vendors may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies in connection with the Sites to help manage our online and email advertising campaigns and strengthen the effectiveness of such campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, and the vendor may provide us with such Other Information for our use. Please note we may link such Other Information provided to us by our vendors to Personal Information about you that we have previously collected. Such combined information will be treated as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
6.2. We may use third-party advertising companies to target advertisements to you on our Sites, across the web, on your mobile device and on any of your other devices, based on the Personal and Other Information we have collected from and about you, as well as information relating to your and other users’ visits to this and other websites and online services. To enable this, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) or recognize an identifier associated with your mobile device. These companies may also use these technologies, along with Personal Information and Other Information they or we collect on the different devices you use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. For more information regarding these and other technologies and the applications thereof please review www.aboutads.info.
7.1. Trade Kings Group uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or feel that any account related to the Sites has been compromised, please immediately notify us such problems by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below we request that such communication is either electronic (via email or via a contact us form) or via telephone to enable us to address the matter in a timely manner.
7.2. We take reasonable measures to restrict access to Personal Information to Trade Kings employees, affiliate employees, contractors, agencies and strategic partners. Those with access to such information are held to strict confidentiality obligations.
8. CHOICES AND ACCESS
8.1. Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
8.1.1. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes:
– If at any time you wish to stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and email marketing communications from us, please just let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below
in the “Contacting Us” section or by using the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us
and specify which other material or channel you would like to stop.
– In addition, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including our subsidiaries, for the third party’s direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information not be shared with third parties for that purpose. If you would like to submit such a request, please contact us by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please clearly indicate that you request that Trade Kings Group not disclose your Personal Information to Trade Kings Group subsidiaries and/or other third parties for
their direct marketing purposes.
8.2. Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from
us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
8.3. How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
8.3.1. To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the
“Contacting Us” section and clearly describe your request. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information removed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
8.4. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions or request for support that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of said promotion).
8.5. Where applicable, if you have an account with us, you may make changes and updates on the account profile page by logging into your account through the Site and making such changes. Any changes you make on your account profile page through the Site will be reflected on that same Site; however, it may not be reflected on other sites operated by Trade Kings Group on which you may have accounts.
9. RETENTION PERIOD
10. USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent and we request that other individuals (including individuals under the age of 13) should not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
11. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Sites you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including but not limited to, South Africa and/or Zambia, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
12. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Please do not send us, and do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (including but not limited to information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
14. CONTACTING US
You may email us at [email protected]
You may contact us on +260 211 286 117 / 27
You may send mail to the following postal mail address:
Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
Trade Kings Group
Plot No. 29381 Nampundwe Road
Light Industrial Area
P.O. Box 30824
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or
sensitive information in your emails to us.